I love taking my family on vacations. Since we live in Florida, we're able to take a lot of one-tank road trips and end up somewhere with great food, scenic views and beautiful beaches. Here are my Top 5 Family Vacation Activities Your Kids Will Love!
1. Going to the beach! Who doesn't love frolicking in the ocean on a hot day? Bring along a cooler of cold drinks and snacks and don't forget the shovels and pails for building sandcastles and finding sea shells!
2. Theme parks! We've got access to a ton of theme parks here in Florida and they're all a ton of fun for the whole family. Most theme parks include activities that are also educational. Don't forget the souvenirs to remember your vacation by!
3. Museums! Whenever I go on vacation, I try to hit up at least one museum in whatever town I am visiting. Every town is famous for something and you'll be surprised at how many places have museums that are either downright kooky or huge and teeming with cool artifacts.
4. Restaurants! Vacations often give you the opportunity to experience new and exciting types of cuisine and ingredients that are local. Plus kids always love eating out in restaurants, getting to indulge in their faves like pizza or macaroni and cheese.
5. Camping! Although I personally hate camping, kids love being amongst nature and the great outdoors! Your kids will love helping you cook hot dogs on the grill, investigating the various bugs and animals and sleeping outside in their own tent!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.